When it comes to advertising on social media, it seems like the rules are always changing, and it’s easy to feel like you’re getting left behind. It’s important to be well-informed as you plan your social media advertising strategy so you know you’re making a wise investment. If you’re a little overwhelmed by all the options available, don’t worry! Read on to learn how to make smart decisions when it comes to creating effective and engaging social media advertising.
Why Social Media Advertising Is A Great Idea
The best part about social media advertising is that you don’t need a lot of time, money, or resources to get started. In fact, if you know what you’re doing, you can create a solid ad in a few minutes, but it takes a little practice to get to know what works best.
However, social media advertising campaigns are easy to track so it’s clear to see which campaigns and strategies are working out the best. When you create an advertisement, it will immediately start driving traffic, and you’ll start seeing the conversions you want. From there, you can calculate your ROI easily, and you’ll have a detailed picture of how well your money was spent.
Another great aspect of social media advertising is the ability to target certain demographics, which means your ad will be seen by the exact people you want. You can target by age, interests, location, gender, and other options.
Tips For Creating Excellent Ads
You know that social media advertising could potentially be great for your business, so now it’s time to learn how to make the best ad possible. When building your ad from the ground up, there are a few important things to keep in mind.
- Keep it short and sweet! You want to keep your ad simple. It’s tempting to want to shove lots of information into the ad, but the truth is, you can entice people to click with just a few words. Include a bit about your product or service, and then make sure to put a strong call to action in as well. As people are scrolling through their social media feed, they may not take the time to read a long ad, so keep it short and sweet.
- Create a killer CTA. When writing a call to action, focus on using language that helps or benefit the reader. In today’s world, consumers are looking for answers to their problems or something to simplify their lives, so your call to action should reflect that. Let people know clearly what they will get when they click your ad, and avoid creating clickbait. Clickbait happens when you promise the reader something amazing in the ad just to get them to click, and then you don’t deliver. It will give you a poor reputation, so only create headlines that you can follow through with.
- Clickbait isn’t cool. Create great ad content without falling into the clickbait trap. It’s important to remember who you are writing your ad for. Think about the demographics you’ll be targeting, and what those customers want and need the most. Many people end up clicking because they want more information, so give them just a taste of what you have to offer.
- Split test to see what works best. Once you have a few drafts of an ad written, it may be a good idea to split test them to see which gets the best result. When you split test an ad, you offer two different versions of an ad to your audience, and then take note of which has the best response. With a little testing, you can see which format works best for your audience, and what really gets people to click. In addition, you can test your ads as organic content without paying. Simply post it on your page. It won’t be specifically target like an ad is, but at least you can get a good idea of what engages your audience.
- Experiment with emojis. It’s been proven that emojis increase engagement on Instagram, so sprinkle a few into your ad content. Just don’t go overboard! This is a good time to remember your audience again – if you’re aiming to target a younger crowd, emojis may be a great way to go.
- Proofread it! Once you’ve created an ad, don’t forget to carefully look over your work before you go to publish it. Have a few sets of eyes take a look to make sure everything is on point, and after you’ve published, don’t be afraid to go back and revise your work. Creating the perfect ad can take a little bit of trial and error, so don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t work at first. Try out a few formats, a few calls to action, and a few different demographics to see what really speaks to your audience.
Social media advertising is smart way to reach out to potential customers, if you know what you’re doing. Before you dive in, remember what makes an ad great is the advertiser’s ability to connect with their customer or client on an emotional level. An effective ad can draw in tons of traffic, increase your conversions, and help you grow your business!